Abbot BETA HCG

Has anyone been having an increased in code 149 while using the Abbott Beta HCG cartridges?

Thanks,

Katherine Ranallo, MT (ASCP)

Point of Care Technical Manager, HCA Richmond Market

(p) 804-672-4345

(f) 804-616-4009

(cell) 804-614-6083

katherine.ranallo@hcahealthcare.com

HCAVaMktHeader800

Replies to this Topic

Our site is struggling with BHCG cartridge QCC 149.  Our BHCG cartridge failure rate is greater than 10 % for the last 4 months. Abbott tech support is aware and an investigation is pending. We have performed ceramic conditioning, reviewed and addressed cartridge storage, specimen collection, competency and replaced iSTATs at the sites but have not been able to reduce the number of QCC 149s.  

This information is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or our Customer Support Center at (262) 928-2777. We have scanned this e-mail and its attachments for malicious content. However, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ProHealth Care accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

There is a new rapid blood-based hCG test that can detect down to 10 mIU/mL using just a few drops of capillary/venous whole blood, plasma, or serum and very cost friendly. If anyone would like more information my email is morgan.peterson@nowdx.com. I am happy to help in anyway that I can.

Does anyone have experience with the ADEXUSDx hCG Test?  Pros, cons, cost, etc.

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

POCT Listserv